December 6, 2009

A much needed getaway atlast...

Plan was to start at 7 in the morning. I woke up at 11. There were about a dozen missed calls on my phone. I wearily put it aside to slide back into the warm, welcoming blanket when it rang again. There were a coupla expletives from the other end, Asif was waiting downstairs. I quickly dressed and we were off in 15 minutes. I was not the the only one late and it take a good half an hour for the others to arrive. Filled my petrol tank and started, the sun was getting hotter and it seemed imminent this trip was wasted too. The destination was checkdam again, it's sortof become a hangout for our group. When we reached there we were surprised water was still flowing over the Dam, though the flow looked stronger. We went as close as the rocks and had a good time clicking away photos. Asif who was trying to convince us into going further mustered up the courage and went ahead alongwith Ranjith. The flow was quite strong and it was evident from the way the duo swayed and struggled through the water towards the falling cascades. A couple of others followed suit and in no time they were under the falls, standing on a precariosly slippery algae infested rock. I went as far as the breakers a few feet away and settled down. Juber did the same.

An hour of screaming and dancing later we decided to call it a day and sat down on the hot dry rocks and chatted. I was all wet as I'd gone in fully dressed! We were back on the road again and the red dust and mud was sticking to my Jeans like iron to a magnet. Mom was going to be real upset...







rest of the photos were ...umm... graphic!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where is this "ckeckdam"?never heard b4..

Aziz Siddiqui said...

The actual name is Dummugudem anicut or smthn. It's a very old irrigation dam adjacent to our plnt's intake well. awesme place.